Saturday, March 17, 2007

India opens at World Cup today!

The most-awaited world cup tour begins for India today. Its been tough waiting for India's match for a week now. If this is how an avid Indian cricket fan feels, I wonder how the players must be feeling. Its been difficult week for me watching the minnows literally thrashed by the big names. There is anxiety. There are lot of questions. Will India get the cup back? Will Pathan strike form? Will Sehwag get into rythm? Will India win convincingly against Bangladesh?

I am a die-hard fan of Master Blaster, Little Master, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. He has done so much for Indian Cricket. How can I forget the times when he had been the ONLY hope when Indian cricket was deep in trouble with match fixing controversies, great players like Kapil leaving? He has been the only person who could bring a billion people to watch when he comes to bat. He has been our BEST batsman in the worldcup as he has been our best batsman ever. I really hope he gets the cup for India.

All the best Sachin. All the best India!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup... despite our defeat against B'desh, I hope the entire team plays well going forward.

Rama Mohan said...

I pray god to give a strong will power to our team. I hope India will move forward to finals.

Whenever you feel free visit my blogs.

http://hyderabadspot.blogspot.com
http://lifestyle-india.blogspot.com

Thanks
Mohan

Pavan Pochu said...

It'd be a fantastic feat for India to even make it to Super 8 now. As any other Indian cricket fan, I hope India makes it.

We indians never lose HOPE despite the clear odds.